Thursday, June 08, 2006

Questions to ponder

So ....

I met with my good friend of twenty-plus years, Carol, last night, somewhat unexpectedly. She lives in another state and was visiting here. We dined at a fashionable, family-friendly restaurant in Royal Oak.

Here's some questions she asked me in the course of our conversation (probably not exactly as she phrased them, but as I remembered them):

-- What are your dreams?

-- Why not take this time for some travel? Open yourself up to other possibilities?

-- Have you thought about searching out a progressive, spiritual community?

-- What makes your heart sing? (Carol was actually speaking of what made her heart sing, but I internalized the question!)

-- Would you consider going to therapy again?

Because of our longstanding friendship and some of the strengths and skills Carol possesses, I value beyond words her listening and questioning and counseling of me.

What are my dreams, indeed?

No comments: