Saturday, November 05, 2005

Being: spiritual, part I

I believe that I am a spiritual being. I believe that we are all spiritual beings. Some of us have more awareness of that, some of us have less.

I believe in a Divine Creator. I also like the paradigm of a Creator/Redeemer/Sustainer although I have more of a problem with the word, Redeemer. That implies that somehow we are broken and need God to "repair" us and make us whole again.

I definitely believe that God creates us and everything around us.

I definitely believe that God sustains us, whether it is the oxygen-rich atmosphere that blankets our little world, the sun rising every morning or the involuntary pumping of our hearts, enabling our every breath and movement. Who but God could do such miraculous and marvelous sustaining activities?

I'll write more later.

No comments: