Sunday, July 11, 2010

Prayer/Verse (1995)

Cleaning out a closet, I found the following prayer/verse. I'd like to change a few of the words, I think.

O Nameless One
who beckons me
whose silent whisperings
fill my ear
your silken sighs
touch my cheek ...


Who are you?
What is your name?
Where can I find you?


I imagine you
not as a being
but a state of being,


Not as a particle of matter
but a wave of energy


Not a person
but a person-filled power


I shall call you the Holy One
... the Holy One
Yes, the Holy One.


You are in all
and all is within you


You are the interconnectedness
of all that is
and was
and is yet to be.


The ordinary and mundane,
the profound and sublime.


You are the knowing beyond me
and the knowing within me.


You are a neural network,
pulsing points of life,
a divine web, swaying
a mighty moving mesh


With those silken gossamer strands
kissing my life.
-- from our final retreat,
"In Your Own Voice," December 9, 1995

No comments: